Why Now Is The Perfect Time To Sign-Up For Your General Contractor Exams
Over the past few years, we’ve noticed a decline in General Contractor Licensure Examination sign-ups in Florida during Q4 (Oct.-Dec.), and we began to start making lists of the potential reasoning(s) behind this phenomenon through studying the market, speaking with our students, and diving deep into the building industry happenings itself.
We’ve heard about everything one would imagine- some of our most common responses:
- Waiting for the New Year/planning on taking the exams as a New Years resolution
- Financial concerns until the holidays are over
- Planned vacations to visit family and friends for the holidays
- Kids are off for school breaks so study time is limited
- The COVID situation is holding me back from making serious immediate commitments
These are all completely valid concerns, and we feel like one should certainly wait until they’re ready and confident to take their exams however, as the classic line goes, “Procrastination is the thief of time.” and sometimes you need to put a date on the calendar and work towards it or you might find yourself 10 years down the road working working for someone else.
Now is the perfect time to schedule your General Contractor Licensure Exams, and we’ll tell you why:
- The construction industry sees major spikes in projects early in the New Year, why not set yourself up for success by knocking out one or all of your required exams to get your license and start fresh come Jan. 1?
- During COVID, the world has seen a massive increase in home education. More people are taking courses and exams online now more than ever given the various quarantine situations. Right now, the Florida DBPR is even allowing test takers to take the test from their home!
- Another thing to note about COVID is that the country is slowly but surely returning to a more idealistic norm, by the time the New Year hits we’re all hoping to be a bit closer to how things used to be, including increases in consumer purchasing and building.
- Financial concerns over the holidays will always exist, however The Exam Pros offers the ability to finance, rent, or buy highlighted & tabbed course materials and books at discounted rates from our competitors- and we’ll even buy approved books back from you after you pass your exam(s) at a great rate. We also offer instruction over the phone or via video chat. Again, this is THE time to act.
- Who doesn’t want to be their own boss? Becoming a successful Licensed General Contractor in Florida allows you more freedom, autonomy, and time to spend on those holidays, vacations, family events, etc. mentioned in our research.
So, one could go on and on about the benefits of signing up and studying for your General Contractor exams BEFORE the New Year hits but talk is weak if you don’t have the passion and desire needed to truly advance your career.
The Exam Pros has a plethora of course materials, books (highlighted & tabbed), and tutoring possibilities to get you to pass your Florida General Contractors Exam the first time.
A few quick links to get you headed in the right direction when preparing to schedule/take your exam(s):
- General Contractor FAQs
- FL General Contractor Books & Exam Prep Courses
- Home Study Courses
- Cram course materials
Exam Information/Requirements/Sign-ups- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation website.
In closing, if you aren’t already thinking about signing up and passing your exam(s) prior to the New Year, what better time to start than now?
Contact experts at The Exam Pros at (954) 908-7010 or Sales@TheExamPros.com if you have any further questions or comments.