Florida General Contractor Contractor Exam Book Set
CALL TO LEARN MORE ABOUT RENTING THESE BOOKS FOR $275
The Florida General Contractor Exam is an open book test that requires 13 required books for the Business and Finance, Contract Admin and project management exams. This book package includes all of the required books for your exams:
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction - 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor & Subcontractor - 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders - 2018
- Florida Contractors Manual, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926, (OSHA1926) July 2018
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 9th Ed., 2017
- Building Component Safety Information: 2018
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Existing Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Energy Conservation, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2017
We will buy the books back from you for $350 or any part of those books that are still used.
Suggested Study reference material $500
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Edition, 2017
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures 16th Edition
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 10th edition
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
- Builder's Guide to Accounting
Suggested Study References for Division One – General, Building and Residential Examinations The following references are suggested study for the examination only and MAY NOT be brought into the testing room or facility for the examination.
These books were typically used for reference of formulas and generally accepted practices for estimating and calculating production time. Theses are not being classified as Trade Knowledge, and more information will be provided to the student on test day as well as to save space at the testing centers thus making the exams easier for you to pass.
A Florida General Contractor’s License allows a contractor to build, repair, or remodel any type of building, regardless of use or number of stories. General Contractors in Florida can directly engage in the construction of every component of the building structure (i.e. Concrete, Structural Steel, Framing, Painting, Tile, etc.) except the major specialty trades like Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Roofing. A General Contractor must subcontract this type of work to licensed contractors in those trades. A General Contractor can remodel or build any structure in Florida, whether it is used for residential or commercial purposes. When a General Contractor submits a permit application for the construction of a new building, he/she must include the license information of the Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical (A/C), and other specialty contractors who will be involved in the project as Sub-Contractors. These specialty contractors are typically paid by and report to the General Contractor (Prime Contractor).
Although the construction of residential properties in Florida only requires the use of a Residential Contractor’s License, home builders in Florida often obtain the General Contractor’s license to keep their options open if any commercial construction opportunities arise.
DID YOU KNOW? Every time you fail the exam, you must pay the State of Florida $135 + $80 to Pearson Vue per exam.
Statistics for General Contractor Exam 2019:
- 60% Passed
- 40% Failed
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME WITH OUR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSES!
Our Florida General Contractor Exam Prep Courses are designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available to prepare you for the Florida General Contractor Exam and make sure you don't have to take the exam a second or third time!