General Contractor Exam - Book Rental
(Exam Ready - Highlighted and Tabbed)
all Highlighted and Tabbed book orders ship within 24 hours
+++This includes our Business & Finance , Contract Administration , and Project Management Cram Courses
Our Florida General Contractor Exam Rental Books include all of the required books for your exams pre-highlighted & tabbed and completely exam ready for you.A $1,200.00 refundable deposit is included in the $2,199.99 package price. The deposit will be refunded in full when you return your rental books in acceptable condition within the 6 month rental period. $250 is deducted from the deposit for each additional 3 months.
Exam ready books come affixed with permanent quick reference tabs printed with chapter titles and/or other key sections to help you quickly and easily navigate through the book during your exam. Important areas will be highlighted so you will know what subjects are relevant while saving time preparing for your exam.
You will receive the following 19 books required for your exam pre-tabbed/highlighted:
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction - 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor & Subcontractor - 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders - 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting
- Florida Statues Chapter 455, 2018
- Florida Contractors Manual, 2017
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Edition, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926, (OSHA 1926) July 2018
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures 16th Edition
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 10th edition
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 9th Ed., 2017
- Building Component Safety Information: 2018
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Existing Building, 2017
- Florida Building Code – Energy Conservation, 2017
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2017
The Business and Finance Exam (125 questions) is a requirement for all types of contractors to become licensed in the State of Florida. This exam must be taken in addition to your trade exams. The General Contractor Exam consists of 2 parts: Contract Administration (65 questions) and Project Management (65 questions). All applicants must score at least 70% in order to pass. The examination is open book.
A Florida General Contractor’s License allows a contractor to build, repair, or remodel any type of building, regardless of use or number of stories. General Contractors in Florida can directly engage in the construction of every component of the building structure (i.e. Concrete, Structural Steel, Framing, Painting, Tile, etc.) except the major specialty trades like Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, and Roofing. A General Contractor must subcontract this type of work to licensed contractors in those trades. A General Contractor can remodel or build any structure in Florida, whether it is used for residential or commercial purposes. When a General Contractor submits a permit application for the construction of a new building, he/she must include the license information of the Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical (A/C), and other specialty contractors who will be involved in the project as Sub-Contractors. These specialty contractors are typically paid by and report to the General Contractor (Prime Contractor).
Although the construction of residential properties in Florida only requires the use of a Residential Contractor’s License, home builders in Florida often obtain the General Contractor’s license to keep their options open if any commercial construction opportunities arise.