Is paying $199.99 worth it to you if you can guarantee that do not have to take the exam a second or third time?
Prometric Building Contractor w limited concrete Online Home Study Course
Our Prometric Building Contractor Online Home Study Course is designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available you to help you pass any Florida Prometric County Exam.
The Prometric Building Contractor Online Home Study Course includes:
- How to take this course video
- How to register for the exam(s)
- The 6 segments of test-taking techniques
- List of required reference books for your exam and when they update
- Highlight & tab locations for the required reference books
- Practice Exams by book to allow you to focus on what you don't know
- 3 Final Exams
- 1-year access to online course (discounts on extensions)
- Access to an instructor via Phone call, Text message, Zoom, or email.
Over the years, We have created the proven process of passing any open book contractor exam. With the Blended Format, we mix online basic instruction with face-to-face instruction to obtain the perfect mix for EVERY type of student who is attempting to obtain a contractor's license. The ability to be able to get an instructor on the phone when you need them is the huge advantage to ensure that you give yourself the best chance of passing the exam the first time.
Android and iOS Compatible - Complete the course on your phone, anytime or anywhere.
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME!
Scope – Tests a candidate’s knowledge of the construction of commercial buildings, single- and multiple-unit residential dwellings, and accessory-use structures, all of which shall not exceed three stories in height. Does not include any electrical, mechanical, plumbing, or liquefied petroleum gas work.
Time limit: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Exam Topic %
Plan Reading and Estimating 10
Aluminum Enclosures 60
Safety – OSHA 10
NOTE: The following references were used to develop this exam. You may use older editions of references at your own discretion. However, older editions may or may not contain applicable information to the content on the exam. You assume the risk of using an older reference than that listed below.
The following references are allowed in the testing
1. 2010 Florida Building Code: Building Volume, 2010,
2. 2010 Florida Building Code: Residential Volume, 2010,
3. Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 8th ed
4. The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, 3rd ed
5. Gypsum Construction Handbook, Sixth Edition, 2009,
6. Modern Masonry
7. Olin's Construction: Principles, Materials and Methods, Eighth Edition
8. Carpentry and Building Construction 2010
9. Walker’s Building Estimator’s Reference Book 29th ed
10. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 29, Part 1926
NOTE: No handwritten or additional notes (letters, words, diagrams, etc.) are allowed in any reference materials. Any reference material that has been written in during the exam will be confiscated. Highlighting and permanent tabbing added before your arrival at the test center are acceptable. Post-it notes are not considered permanent tabbing and are not allowed. Sharing reference materials is not allowed.