Florida Business and Finance Exam FAQ
You’ll need the following books and do
UPDATED Book List from The FL DBPR
1. You must be at least 18 years old.
2. You must pass up to 3 Florida State Construction open book Examinations with a minimum score of 70%.
Business & Finance - 125 Questions (6 hours 45 mins)
Trade Knowledge - 80 Questions ( 5 hours )
(Buy books here )
7 days per week at any pearson vue location.
Go to pearsonvue.com to locate the testing centers near you.
click here to find a test center
The Department of Business and Professional Regulation has contracted with Professional Testing, Inc., to register candidates, develop, and score professional examinations for the Construction Industry Licensing Board. Individuals desiring to sit for construction trade knowledge, contract administration, project management, or business & finance examination parts are required to apply directly with Professional Testing, Inc.
For questions: 407.264.0562
To apply online: http://www.floridaexam.com
Completed applications and appropriate fees must be received by Professional Testing, Inc., no later than 30 days prior to the examination date.
All other construction examinations, including the business & finance examination part, are administered in computer-based testing format. After a candidate has been approved by Professional Testing, Inc., they may schedule to sit for their examination(s) by contacting the department’s examination vendor, Pearson VUE.
To locate a testing site near you or to register to sit for an examination, use the links below.
|Construction – Business and Finance||Construction – Trade Knowledge Exams|
To schedule by phone: 888.204.6230
Candidates taking a computer-based examination through Pearson VUE will be required to submit a valid email address, telephone number, and payment at the time the examination is scheduled. Candidates will be eligible to schedule an examination within 72 hours after the candidate’s examination application has been approved by Professional Testing, Inc.
At any Pearson Vue location www.PearsonVue.com 7 days per week.
Go to www.FloridaExam.com and follow the instructions. Once you have registered, you will receive an email in 7-10 days to contact pearson vue to schedule your exam(s)
-This is a tricky question however as of October of 2019, the Construction Industry Licensing Board has stated the following as criminal offenses used to deny a license to practice contracting:
-Lewd/lascivious act(s) against a child.
-Possession of dangerous drugs.
-Possession of firearm(s) by a felon.
-Additionally, as of August of 2020, the Construction Industry Licensing Board has stated that the crimes that will not deter you from becoming a licensed Contractor in the State of Florida are:
-Certain animal control issues.
-Boat registration offenses
-Single occurrence of burglary
-Openly carrying a weapon
-Damage to property
-Distribution of alcohol or cigarettes to a minor
-Minor car accident offenses
-Open container/public intoxication
-Possession of fake identification
-Possession of marijuana/drugs/paraphernalia
-Resisting an officer without violence
Here is a link to show you what is on the Business & Finance Exam
Here is a link to show you what is on the Trade Knowledge Exam
Call 954-331-4468 for all of your Insurance needs
Here is a link to the DBPR and will list the required books and when they will change.
FAQ's on Fingerprinting requirements by the DBPR.
Applicants can use any Livescan Service Provider that has been approved by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to submit their fingerprints to the department. Please ensure that the Originating Agency Identification (ORI) number is provided to the Provider when you submit your fingerprints.
NOTE: Failure to provide an ORI number or incorrect ORI number to the Provider will prevent DBPR from receiving your fingerprint results.
The applicant is fully responsible for selecting the Provider and ensuring submission of the prints to the department. The Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) requires the submission of a full set of fingerprints with most licensure applications.
- To select an approved FDLE Livescan Service Provider from the link below. You will need to provide an ORI number to the Provider so they can submit the fingerprints directly to FDLE. Submit a copy of your receipt with a completed application for licensure. NOTE: The Livescan Service Provider will charge you directly for the fingerprint scan.
Provider contact information can be viewed at Livescan Service Provider List.
Please note that the DBPR also offers fingerprinting service for its customers at our headquarters located on 2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee, Florida 32399; however, it is only offered to applicants who are applying for a license regulated by DBPR. The cost for this service is $37.25. For more information regarding submitting your fingerprints to the Department directly, please review the below FAQs.
Fingerprinting Frequently Asked Questions LINK
The short answer is yes. As a Veteran owned business (Rob Estell is a Combat Veteran from Desert Storm), The Exam Pros are happy to speak with you regarding this question. Contact The Exam Pros or visit Florida’s Department of Business Professional Regulation website.
Buy one of our practice exams to see what we have to offer. If you like this, we can give you a discount toward the courses or cram package.
Our Cram materials vary and are guaranteed to get you up and ready to roll quickly and efficiently. Some (but not all) of what is included in a Cram are:
-Video instructions on the course(s).
-Information on how to register for the exam(s).
-The 6 segments of test-taking techniques videos (1 hour)
-A comprehensive list of the required reference books for your exam and when they update.
- 3 practice exams with 125 questions each, including an answer key with correct answer, page number, and solutions. A bonus Exam with 100 questions per chapter of the Florida Contractors Manual.
- Unlimited online course and access to a live instructor
THE FLORIDA CONTRACTOR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSE INCLUDES:
- Unlimited lifetime access to online course
- Access to a live Instructor via Phone, Email, Facetime or Whatsapp
- How to take this course video
- How to register for the exam(s)
- How to operate the Pearson Vue computer based testing video - NEW
- The 6 segments of test-taking technique videos ( 1 hour)
- List of required reference books for your exam and when they update
- Highlight & tab locations for the required reference books
- Printable Practice Exams by book to allow you to focus on what you don't know
- Printable Final Exams with question, answer, page number, book & solution
- Short & specific videos about each particular topic - NEW
- More than 1,500 practice questions by chapter & book with correct answer, page number and solution.
- Is paying $299.99 worth it to you if you can guarantee that do not have to take the exam a second or third time?
What to expect from The Exam Pros Contractor Book Packages:
This package is good for all exam takers BEFORE July 1, 2021
Professionally Highlighted & Tabbed Contractor Manual example
-Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation
Tools to study off of in order to pass your Business & Finance Exam:
-Florida Statutes Chapter 455, 2021
-Builder’s Guide to Accounting, 2001
-Contractor’s Manual, 2021
American Institute of Architects (AIA) documents:
-General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017 (Document #A201)
-Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017 (Document #A401)
-Instruction to Bidders, 2018 (Document #A701)
Give The Exam Pros a call to purchase, finance, or rent the above materials and/or if you have any additional questions. We’re here to make sure you pass your exam on the first try.
What can I expect during the Business & Finance Exam?
- The exam will be taken on a computer at the testing facility you signed up for.
- There will be a total of 125 questions.
- You will have a total time limit of 6.5 hours.
- Applicants must score a 70% or higher to pass the exam.
- You will be able to bring the Florida Department of Business & Regulation approved books and documents with you for reference.
-General Contractors License Guide-Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation