- How to take this course video
- How to register for the exam(s)
- The 6 segments of test-taking techniques
- List of required reference books for your exam and when they update
- Practice Exams with hundreds of practice questions and answers page numbers & solutions
- 1-year access to online course and a live instructor (discounts on extensions)
- Access to an instructor via Phone call, Text message, Zoom, or email.
- Tab and highlight locations for all the books to show you what is important to study
Alabama HBLB Skill Exam
Number of Questions 80
Time allowed (hours) 4
Subject Area # Quest.
Plan Reading 10
Sitework & Foundations 10
Concrete and Reinforcement 7
Interior Finish 4
Exterior Finish 5
Associated Trades 6
▪ International Residential Code, 2015.
▪ Residential Home Builder Study Guide
The following books can be used to substitute for the Residential Home Builder Study Guide.
▪ Basic Safety, 2009.
▪ Masonry and Sitework for the Residential Contractor, 2nd edition, 2nd.
▪ Study Guide for Residential Carpentry & Repair, 2nd edition, 2014.