This unique and popular publication presents the best accepted current practices in placing reinforcing bars in structures and pavement. It is written for apprentices, journeymen iron workers, and inspectors. A definitive resource for preparing provisions in project specifications. Eighteen heavily illustrated chapters cover topics including types of materials, handling of bars at the job site, general principles for bar placing, splicing, and tying, bar placement in footings, walls, columns, floors, roofs, pavement and transportation structures. Also includes a chapter on epoxy and other coated reinforcement.
Notable Updates and Revisions:
- Bar marking coverage was updated.
- Typical reinforcing bar bend shapes greatly expanded.
- Updates made to standard and stirrup/tie hooks data.
- Reinforcing bar fabrication tolerances updated.
- Hoisting equipment and hand signal illustrations updated.
- Expanded coverage on placing drawings and bar lists.
- Coverage of bar supports updated.
- Expanded field placing tolerances with addition of vertical bar placement.
- Greatly expanded coverage of recommended first/last bar placement.
- To emphasize the importance of field safety, the safety chapter was moved to Chapter 1.
- New bar size #20 added.
Table of Contents:
- Safety Precautions
- Concrete and Reinforced Concrete – Definitions
- Reinforced Concrete Building Construction
- Bridge Construction
- Reinforcing Steel – Purpose and Location in Concrete
- Fabricated Reinforcing Bars
- Unloading, Storing and Handling Reinforcing Bars at the Jobsite
- Placing Drawings and Bar Lists
- Bar Supports
- General Principles for Placing, Splicing and Tying Reinforcing Bars
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Footings, Walls and Columns
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Floors and Roofs
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Post-Tensioned Floor Systems
- Transportation Structures
- Highway and Airport Pavements
- Inspection of Reinforcing Steel
- Coated Reinforcing Steel
- Appendix A: Metric Reinforcing Bars
All sales are final.
We are unable to issue a refund for your purchase. Please confirm the items that you require prior to making your purchase.
All items are non-returnable unless previously authorized and approved by a supervisor. A 20% restocking fee will be assessed on all returns that have been authorized and approved by a supervisor.
Contact us to obtain a Return Authorization Number before sending any items back to us. We cannot accept a return without a Return Authorization Number. A copy of the itemized customer invoice listing the returned items must be enclosed with your return shipment. Shipping charges are non-reimbursable. We are unable to accept a credit card draft as a sales receipt.
All returns must be in salable condition.
We are unable to accept any returns on:
- All sale books
- All directories
- All codes and technical standards
- All society/association documents
- All study guides including EIT/FE/PE review texts and solution guides
- Shrink wrapped items that have been opened
- Software or books with disk packages that have been opened
- Items that have been special ordered
- Online courses
We reserve the right to modify this Return Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Return Policy on this website.
Delivery charges are calculated on a per-product basis. Please make note of the delivery charges associated with each item.
Orders are shipped Monday - Friday. We do not ship on Saturday, Sunday and Major Holidays.
We reserve the right to modify this Shipping Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Shipping Policy on this website.