only 4 left in stock
Reference Guide - 288 pp.; 9th Edition
Notable Updates and Revisions:
- Beam bolsters were revised to show them running longitudinally, rather than transverse.
- Expanded coverage of reinforcing bars to include rail- and axle-steel (ASTM A996), stainless-steel (ASTM A955) and low-carbon chromium (ASTM A1035).
- Added nylon sling capacity tables according to current Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines.
- Updated coverage of mechanical splices according to current Reinforcing Bars: Anchorages and Splices publication.
- Updated welded splice coverage according to AWS D1.4-2011.
- Expanded coverage of contractor (dropped) bars.
- Updated illustrations of standard column ties and special condition column ties.
- Expanded and updated safety precautions coverage, emphasizing the importance of jobsite safety.
- Updated coverage of bar supports, spiral fabrication tolerances, and first-bar placement according to current Manual of Standard Practice.
- Updated and expanded mobile crane and construction tower crane signals, according to ASME B30.3-2009 and B30.5-2007.
Table of Contents:
- Reinforced Concrete Definitions
- Reinforced Concrete Building Construction
- Bridge Construction
- Reinforcing Steel -- Purpose and Location in Concrete
- Fabricated Reinforcing Bars
- Safety Precautions
- Unloading, Storing and Handling Reinforcing Bars at the Jobsite
- Placing Drawings and Bar Lists
- Bar Supports
- General Principles for Placing, Splicing and Tying Reinforcing Bars
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Footings, Walls and Columns
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Floors and Roofs
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Post-Tensioned Floor Systems
- Transportation Structures
- Highway and Airport Pavements
- Inspection of Reinforcing Steel
- Coated Reinforcing Steel
- Appendix A - Metric Reinforcing Bars
This unique and popular publication presents the best accepted current practices in placing reinforcing bars in structures and pavement. It is written for apprentices, journeymen ironworkers, and inspectors. A definitive resource for preparing provisions in project specifications. Eighteen heavily illustrated chapters cover topics including types of materials, handling of bars at the jobsite, general principles for bar placing, splicing, and tying, bar placement in footings, walls, columns, floors, roofs, pavement and transportation structures. Also includes a chapter on epoxy-coated and other coated reinforcement.
All sales are final.
We are unable to issue a refund for your purchase. Please confirm the items that you require prior to making your purchase.
All items are non-returnable unless previously authorized and approved by a supervisor. A 20% restocking fee will be assessed on all returns that have been authorized and approved by a supervisor.
Contact us to obtain a Return Authorization Number before sending any items back to us. We cannot accept a return without a Return Authorization Number. A copy of the itemized customer invoice listing the returned items must be enclosed with your return shipment. Shipping charges are non-reimbursable. We are unable to accept a credit card draft as a sales receipt.
All returns must be in salable condition.
We are unable to accept any returns on:
- All sale books
- All directories
- All codes and technical standards
- All society/association documents
- All study guides including EIT/FE/PE review texts and solution guides
- Shrink wrapped items that have been opened
- Software or books with disk packages that have been opened
- Items that have been special ordered
- Online courses
We reserve the right to modify this Return Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Return Policy on this website.
Delivery charges are calculated on a per-product basis. Please make note of the delivery charges associated with each item.
Orders are shipped Monday - Friday. We do not ship on Saturday, Sunday and Major Holidays.
We reserve the right to modify this Shipping Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Shipping Policy on this website.