We coordinate meetings for the Central Examining Boards, created to regulate specific trades.
There are 6 Boards, each Board consists of 6-9 members, 3 from the League of Cities and 3 appointed by the County Commission. All members volunteer their time. Each Board is required to meet at least 8 times per year where they, among other duties, review applications, hear complaints and hold disciplinary hearings.
In addition to assisting the Central Examining Boards in issuing Certificates of Competency, we administer a licensed contractor program and an unlicensed contractor program. Both of these programs include receiving and fielding complaints, performing investigations, compiling case files, holding disciplinary proceedings, issuing fines and performing mediation.
Details in links below:
- Central Examining Board of Electricians
- Central Examining Board of Engineered Construction Contractors
- Central Examining Board of General Construction Trades
- Central Examining Board of Liquefied Petroleum Gas Contractors
- Central Examining Board of Mechanical and Specialty Mechanical Contractors
- Central Examining Board of Plumbers
Provide for procedures to register and license individuals who perform a variety of construction trades in Broward County; issue Certificates of Competency to individuals practicing the various construction trades in the County; insure that individuals practicing the various construction trades are properly insured; provide the public a means by which to register complaints, mediate disputes, and to be heard with respect to issues which arise during construction.