Florida Service Pool Contractor Exam Book Set
(Pre-Tabbed and Highlighted)
Our Florida Service Pool Contractor Exam Ready Books come affixed with permanent quick reference tabs printed with chapter titles and/or other key sections to help you quickly and easily navigate through the book during your exam. Important areas will be highlighted so you will know what subjects are relevant while saving time preparing for your exam.
You will receive the following 10 books required for your exam pre-tabbed and highlighted:
- ANSI/APSP -1 American National Standard for Public Swimming Pools, 2014
- ANSI/APSP-2 American National Standard for Public Spas,1999
- ANSI/APSP-3 American National Standard for Permanently Installed Residential Spas, 2014
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 American National Standard for Residential Inground Swimming Pools, 2011
- ANSI/NSF 50 – 2020, Equipment for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and other Recreational Water Facilities
- Chapter 64E-9, Public Swimming Pools and Bathing Places, (Formerly Ch. 10D-5), 2016.
- Pool and Spa Operator Handbook, 2022
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2020
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- NFPA 70 – 2017 National, Electrical Code, Softbound, Article 680, Swimming Pools, Fountains and Similar Installations, 2017
This book package is for the Florida Swimming Pool/Spa Servicing Exam. If you need to take the Business and Finance Exam, you can buy these books HERE.
A Florida Swimming Pool and Spa Service Contractor is a contractor whose scope of work involves, but is not limited to, the repair and servicing of a swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, whether public or private or otherwise, regardless of use. The scope of work includes the repair or replacement of existing equipment, any cleaning or equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling, excluding filter changes, and the installation of new pool/spa equipment, interior refinishing, the reinstallation or addition of pool heaters, the repair or replacement of all perimeter piping and filter piping, the repair of equipment rooms or housing for pool/spa equipment, and the substantial or complete draining of a swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, for the purpose of repair or renovation.
The scope of such work does not include direct connections to a sanitary sewer system or to potable water lines. The installation, construction, modification, substantial or complete disassembly, or replacement of equipment permanently attached to and associated with the pool or spa for the purpose of water treatment or cleaning of the pool or spa requires licensure; however, the usage of such equipment for the purposes of water treatment or cleaning does not require licensure unless the usage involves construction, modification, substantial or complete disassembly, or replacement of such equipment. Water treatment that does not require such equipment does not require a license. In addition, a license is not required for the cleaning of the pool or spa in a way that does not affect the structural integrity of the pool or spa or its associated equipment.
DID YOU KNOW? Every time you fail the exam, you must pay the State of Florida $135 + $80 to Pearson Vue per exam.
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME WITH OUR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSES!
Our Florida Service Pool Contractor Exam Prep Courses are designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available to prepare you for the Florida Service Contractor Exam and make sure you don't have to take the exam a second or third time!