- Highlighted and tabbed books
Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam Book Set
Book Rental Terms and Conditions - Link
100% Financing Options with Klarna
buy now pay later.
select Klarna at checkout
Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam Book Set
The Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam is an open book test that requires 17 books for the exam. This book package includes all of the required references for your trade exam:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Troubleshooting Handbook, Billy Langley, 2nd edition, 2003. Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926 (OSHA1926) July 2022
- Contractors Manual, 2021
- Pipefitters Handbook, Forrest R. Lindsey, 3rd Edition, 1967
- NFPA 90A Installation of Air Conditioning and Ventilating Systems, 2015
- NFPA 90B Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air Conditioning Systems, 2021
- NFPA 96 Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, 2017.
- Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standards, 8th Edition, 2022
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards - Metal and Flexible, 4th Edition 2022
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology, 9th Ed., 2021
- Trane Ductular, 1976 or later
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 10th Ed., 2020
- Energy Systems Analysis and Management, 2nd edition, 2014
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Fuel Gas, 2020
- NFPA 99 - Health Care Facilities, (Chapter 3 & 5, Annex A & C), 2015
This book package is for the Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam. If you need to take the Business and Finance Exam, you can buy these books HERE.
Florida Mechanical Contractor is a contractor whose services are unlimited in the execution of contracts requiring the experience, knowledge, and skill to install, maintain, repair, fabricate, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, central air-conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating systems, including duct work in connection with a complete system if such duct work is performed by the contractor as necessary to complete an air-distribution system, boiler and unfired pressure vessel systems, lift station equipment and piping, and all appurtenances, apparatus, or equipment used in connection therewith, and any duct cleaning and equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling of the system; to install, maintain, repair, fabricate, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, piping, insulation of pipes, vessels and ducts, pressure and process piping, pneumatic control piping, gasoline tanks and pump installations and piping for same, standpipes, air piping, vacuum line piping, oxygen lines, nitrous oxide piping, ink and chemical lines, fuel transmission lines, liquefied petroleum gas lines within buildings, and natural gas fuel lines within buildings; to replace, disconnect, or reconnect power wiring on the load side of the dedicated existing electrical disconnect switch; to install, disconnect, and reconnect low voltage heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning control wiring; and to install a condensate drain from an air-conditioning unit to an existing safe waste or other approved disposal other than a direct connection to a sanitary system. The scope of work for such contractor also includes any excavation work incidental thereto, but does not include any work such as potable water lines or connections thereto, sanitary sewer lines, swimming pool piping, and filters, or electrical power wiring.
A Florida Mechanical Contractor may test and evaluate central air-conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating systems, including duct work; however, a mandatory licensing requirement is not established for the performance of these specific services.
DID YOU KNOW? Every time you fail the exam, you must pay the State of Florida $135 + $80 to Pearson Vue per exam.
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME WITH OUR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSES!
Our Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam Prep Course is designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available to prepare you for the Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam and make sure you don't have to take the exam a second or third time!
$299.99 Full Online Home Study Course
CONSTRUCTION AND ELECTRICAL EXAM PASS RATE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS (DATA FROM PEARSON VUE & DBPR)CLICK ON EACH YEAR TO SEE FULL REPORT
All sales are final.
We are unable to issue a refund for your purchase. Please confirm the items that you require prior to making your purchase.
All items are non-returnable unless previously authorized and approved by a supervisor. A 20% restocking fee will be assessed on all returns that have been authorized and approved by a supervisor.
Contact us to obtain a Return Authorization Number before sending any items back to us. We cannot accept a return without a Return Authorization Number. A copy of the itemized customer invoice listing the returned items must be enclosed with your return shipment. Shipping charges are non-reimbursable. We are unable to accept a credit card draft as a sales receipt.
All returns must be in salable condition.
We are unable to accept any returns on:
- All sale books
- All directories
- All codes and technical standards
- All society/association documents
- All study guides including EIT/FE/PE review texts and solution guides
- Shrink wrapped items that have been opened
- Software or books with disk packages that have been opened
- Items that have been special ordered
- Online courses
We reserve the right to modify this Return Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Return Policy on this website.
Delivery charges are calculated on a per-product basis. Please make note of the delivery charges associated with each item.
Orders are shipped Monday - Friday. We do not ship on Saturday, Sunday and Major Holidays.
We reserve the right to modify this Shipping Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Shipping Policy on this website.