Mechanical & Business Contractor Books, Tabs, & Course Package
Includes Pre-Printed Tabs!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN 1 BOX
Business & Trade Books, Online Courses, & Pre Printed Tabs
Rent New Books - you will get $1550 back if returned in 6 months
Rent Highlighted and Tabbed books - you will get $1800 back if returned in 6 months
We will make you an offer to buy the books back for 50-75% of the price, depending if books are still used on the exams.
The Florida Mechanical Contractor Exam is an open book test that requires 17 books for the exam. This book package includes all of the required references for your trade exam:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Troubleshooting Handbook, Billy Langley, 2nd edition, 2003. Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926 (OSHA1926) July 2021
- Contractors Manual, 2021
- Pipefitters Handbook, Forrest R. Lindsey, 3rd Edition, 1967
- NFPA 90A Installation of Air Conditioning and Ventilating Systems, 2015
- NFPA 90B Installation of Warm Air Heating and Air Conditioning Systems, 2018
- NFPA 96 Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, 2017.
- NFPA 99 - Health Care Facilities, (Chapter 3 & 5, Annex A & C),2015
- Fibrous Glass Duct Construction Standards, 7th Edition, 2003
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards - Metal and Flexible, 3rd Edition 2005
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology, 9th Ed., 2021
- Trane Ductular, 1976 or later
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 10th Ed., 2020
- Energy Systems Analysis and Management, 2nd edition, 2014
- Florida Building Code - Mechanical, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Energy Conservation, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Fuel Gas, 2020
The complete package includes:
- All the required books for the Florida Business and Finance and Trade Exams.
- Pre-printed tabs for your books so you can easily find important sections and help you navigate quickly through the books during your exams.
- Online home study exam prep courses for both the Business and Finance and Residential Pool Contractor Exams
- Unlimited access to online courses.
- Access to an instructor via Phone call, Text message, Whatsapp, Facetime, or email.
Business & Finance Books
- Contractors Manual, 2021
- Builders Guide to Accounting
- AIA 201 2017
- AIA 401 2017
- AIA 701 2018
The Florida Business and Finance Online Home Study Course includes:
- How to take this course video
- How to register for the exam(s)
- How to operate the Pearson Vue computer based testing video - NEW
- The 4 segments of test-taking techniques - NEW
- List of required reference books for your exam and when they update
- Highlight & tab locations for the required reference books
- Practice Exams by book to allow you to focus on what you don't know
- 3 Final Exams
- Hundreds of practice questions
- Short & specific videos about each particular topic - NEW
- 1-year access to online course (discounts on extensions)
Florida Mechanical Contractor is a contractor whose services are unlimited in the execution of contracts requiring the experience, knowledge, and skill to install, maintain, repair, fabricate, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, central air-conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating systems, including duct work in connection with a complete system if such duct work is performed by the contractor as necessary to complete an air-distribution system, boiler and unfired pressure vessel systems, lift station equipment and piping, and all appurtenances, apparatus, or equipment used in connection therewith, and any duct cleaning and equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling of the system; to install, maintain, repair, fabricate, alter, extend, or design, if not prohibited by law, piping, insulation of pipes, vessels and ducts, pressure and process piping, pneumatic control piping, gasoline tanks and pump installations and piping for same, standpipes, air piping, vacuum line piping, oxygen lines, nitrous oxide piping, ink and chemical lines, fuel transmission lines, liquefied petroleum gas lines within buildings, and natural gas fuel lines within buildings; to replace, disconnect, or reconnect power wiring on the load side of the dedicated existing electrical disconnect switch; to install, disconnect, and reconnect low voltage heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning control wiring; and to install a condensate drain from an air-conditioning unit to an existing safe waste or other approved disposal other than a direct connection to a sanitary system. The scope of work for such contractor also includes any excavation work incidental thereto, but does not include any work such as potable water lines or connections thereto, sanitary sewer lines, swimming pool piping, and filters, or electrical power wiring.
A Florida Mechanical Contractor may test and evaluate central air-conditioning, refrigeration, heating, and ventilating systems, including duct work; however, a mandatory licensing requirement is not established for the performance of these specific services.