- Highlighted and tabbed books
General, Building & Residential Trade Exam Books ONLY Options
$999.99 for New books
$1399.99 for Highlighted & Tabbed books
100% Financing Options with Klarna or Shop Pay
buy now pay later.
select Klarna at checkout
The required books for the exams are listed on the state website here.
The Florida General, Building and Residential Contractor Exams are an open book test that requires 11 books for the Contract Admin and Project Management exams. This book package includes all of the required books for your exams:
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926 - July 2022
- Principles & Practices of Commercial Construction 10th
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 10th Ed., 2020
- Building Component Safety Information: 2018-Updated 2020
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Existing Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Energy Conservation, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2020
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455, 2022
- Florida Contractor Manual, 2021
- AIA's 201, 401 and 701
Suggested Study Reference Material Not included
(Add $400 if needed)
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 32nd Ed
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures 17th Edition
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 10th Edition
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
Suggested Study References for Division One – General, Building and Residential Examinations The following references are suggested study for the examination only and MAY NOT be brought into the testing room or facility for the examination.
These books were typically used for reference of formulas and generally accepted practices for estimating and calculating production time. These are not being classified as Trade Knowledge, and more information will be provided to the student on test day as well as to save space at the testing centers thus making the exams easier for you to pass.
DID YOU KNOW? Every time you fail the exam, you must pay the State of Florida $135 + $80 to Pearson Vue per exam.
Statistics for General Contractor Exam 2021:
> Contract Administration: 56% Passed / 44% Failed
> Project Management: 55% Passed / 45% Failed
> Business & Finance: 46% Passed / 54% Failed
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME WITH OUR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSES!
Our Florida Building Contractor Exam Prep Courses are designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available to prepare you for the Florida General Contractor Exam and make sure you don't have to take the exam a second or third time!
CONSTRUCTION AND ELECTRICAL EXAM PASS RATE IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS (DATA FROM PEARSON VUE & DBPR)CLICK ON EACH YEAR TO SEE FULL REPORT
All sales are final.
We are unable to issue a refund for your purchase. Please confirm the items that you require prior to making your purchase.
All items are non-returnable unless previously authorized and approved by a supervisor. A 20% restocking fee will be assessed on all returns that have been authorized and approved by a supervisor.
Contact us to obtain a Return Authorization Number before sending any items back to us. We cannot accept a return without a Return Authorization Number. A copy of the itemized customer invoice listing the returned items must be enclosed with your return shipment. Shipping charges are non-reimbursable. We are unable to accept a credit card draft as a sales receipt.
All returns must be in salable condition.
We are unable to accept any returns on:
- All sale books
- All directories
- All codes and technical standards
- All society/association documents
- All study guides including EIT/FE/PE review texts and solution guides
- Shrink wrapped items that have been opened
- Software or books with disk packages that have been opened
- Items that have been special ordered
- Online courses
We reserve the right to modify this Return Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Return Policy on this website.
Delivery charges are calculated on a per-product basis. Please make note of the delivery charges associated with each item.
Orders are shipped Monday - Friday. We do not ship on Saturday, Sunday and Major Holidays.
We reserve the right to modify this Shipping Policy at our sole discretion, any such revision will be binding and effective immediately following the posting of the revised Shipping Policy on this website.