Florida Residential Pool Contractor Package
These books are valid until June 30, 2021.
The complete package includes:
- All the required books for the 2020 Florida Business and Finance and Residential Pool Contractor Exams.
- Pre-printed tabs for your books so you can easily find important sections and help you navigate quickly through the books during your exams.
- Online home study exam prep courses for both the Business and Finance and Residential Pool Contractor Exams
- 1-year access to online courses.
- Access to an instructor via Phone call, Text message, Whatsapp, Facetime, or email.
The Florida Residential Pool Contractor Exam is an open book test that requires 11 books for the exam. This book package includes all of the required references for your trade exam:
- ANSI/APSP-3 American National Standard for Permanently Installed Residential Spas, 2014
- ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 American National Standard for Residential Inground Swimming Pools, 2011
- ANSI/NSF 50 – 2017, Equipment for Swimming Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs and other Recreational Water Facilities
- Pool and Spa Operator Handbook, 2017 Edition
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2017
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- Concrete Masonry Handbook for Architects, Engineers, Builders, 6th Edition
- Guide to Shotcrete, (506R-16)
- NFPA 70 – 2014 National, Electrical Code, Softbound, Article 680, Swimming Pools, Fountains and Similar Installations, 2014
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 9th Edition, 2011
- Walker’s Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Edition
The Florida Business & Finance Contractors Exam has 125 questions and a time limit of 6.5 hours. All applicants must score at least 70% in order to pass. The examination is open book.
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders, 2018
- Builder's Guide to Accounting, Michael C. Thomsett, Copyright 2001 (9781572181052)
- Contractors Manual, 2017
- Florida Statutes Chapter 455, 2019
This book package is for the Florida Residential Pool Exam. If you need to take the Business and Finance Exam, you can buy these books HERE.
A Florida Residential Pool and Spa contractor is a contractor whose scope of work involves, but is not limited to, the construction, repair, and servicing of a residential swimming pool, or hot tub or spa, regardless of use. The scope of work includes the installation, repair, or replacement of existing equipment, any cleaning or equipment sanitizing that requires at least a partial disassembling, excluding filter changes, and the installation of new pool/spa equipment, interior finishes, the installation of package pool heaters, the installation of all perimeter piping and filter piping, and the construction of equipment rooms or housing for pool/spa equipment, and also includes the scope of work of a swimming pool/spa servicing contractor.
The scope of such work does not include direct connections to a sanitary sewer system or to potable water lines. The installation, construction, modification, or replacement of equipment permanently attached to and associated with the pool or spa for the purpose of water treatment or cleaning of the pool or spa requires licensure; however, the usage of such equipment for the purposes of water treatment or cleaning does not require licensure unless the usage involves construction, modification, or replacement of such equipment. Water treatment that does not require such equipment does not require a license. In addition, a license is not required for the cleaning of the pool or spa in a way that does not affect the structural integrity of the pool or spa or its associated equipment.
DID YOU KNOW? Every time you fail the exam, you must pay the State of Florida $135 + $80 to Pearson Vue per exam.
Statistics for Residential Pool Contractor Exam 2019:
- 50% Passed
- 50% Failed
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME WITH OUR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSES!
Our Florida Residential Pool Contractor Exam Prep Courses are designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available to prepare you for the Florida Residential Contractor Exam and make sure you don't have to take the exam a second or third time!