- Highlighted and tabbed books
Florida Building Contractor Contractor Exam Book Set
all Highlighted and Tabbed book orders ship within 24 hours
Book Rental Deposits & Returns
$750 for New book
$1300 for Highlighted & tabbed
100% Financing Options with Klarna
buy now pay later.
select Klarna at checkoutThe required books for the exams are listed on the state website here. Starting in January 2020 these books will be required for the testing.
The Florida Residential Contractor Exam is an open book test that requires 14 required books for the Business and Finance, Contract Admin and Project Management exams. This book package includes all of the required books for your exams:
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction - 2017
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor & Subcontractor - 2017
- A701 Instructions to Bidders - 2018
- Florida Statute 455 2019
- Builder's Guide to Accounting
- Florida Contractors Manual, 2021
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926, (OSHA1926) July 2020
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 10th Ed., 2020
- Building Component Safety Information: 2018
- Florida Building Code - Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Residential, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Existing Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Energy Conservation, 2020
- Florida Building Code - Accessibility, 2020
Suggested Study Reference Material $550
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, Walker’s, 31st Edition, 2017
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures 16th Edition
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 10th Edition
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 10th edition
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition.
Suggested Study References for Division One – General, Building and Residential Examinations The following references are suggested study for the examination only and MAY NOT be brought into the testing room or facility for the examination.
These books were typically used for reference of formulas and generally accepted practices for estimating and calculating production time. Theses are not being classified as Trade Knowledge, and more information will be provided to the student on test day as well as to save space at the testing centers thus making the exams easier for you to pass.
DID YOU KNOW? Every time you fail the exam, you must pay the State of Florida $135 + $80 to Pearson Vue per exam.
Statistics for Residential Contractor Exam 2019:
Jan 2020 Florida Contractor exam pass rates - LINK 48% pass - 52% fail
2019 Florida Contractor exam pass rates - LINK 54% pass - 46% fail
GAIN THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO PASS THE EXAM THE FIRST TIME WITH OUR ONLINE HOME STUDY COURSES!
Our Florida Residential Contractor Exam Prep Courses are designed by contractors, for contractors. We provide the most effective training available to prepare you for the Florida General Contractor Exam and make sure you don't have to take the exam a second or third time!